Molly J.J. Qin is a partner of MWE China Law Offices based in Shanghai.
Molly has broad experience working closely with Chinese companies, international companies and overseas lawyers in advising and practicing on projects involving mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investment, regulatory compliance, labor & employment and foreign direct investment in China.
Molly has provided daily legal services to numerous Chinese and multinational companies, focusing on various industries including high-tech, auto and auto parts manufacturing, equipment and paper manufacturing, chemical and bio-chemical manufacturing, telecommunications and logistics, food and health care, mechanical devices and engineering. Molly works closely with members of management, boards of directors and overseas headquarters of companies in various industries to assist them with contract review, corporate governance issues, labor issues, general tax issues, ethical compliance, product liability issues and licensing issues.
Molly also represents venture capital firms and private companies in various types of transactions, including traditional preferred stock sales, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, strategic alliances and licensing transactions.
A large part of Molly’s transactional practice is focused on the representation of both public and private buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions and cross-border transactions. She has represented companies in negotiation of contract terms, production of relevant contracts and agreements, coordination with relevant governmental authorities and corporate structure design.
- Successfully represented a U.S. public company, through its Chinese subsidiary, in its $41.8 million assets acquisition from a domestic Chinese company
- Successfully represented a leader in the European boiler industry in its overseas equity acquisition of a Hong Kong company, through which it became the majority shareholder of a mainland China boiler company
- Successfully represented a U.S. public company in its series of global acquisitions where China subsidiaries of the target companies played important roles in the acquisitions
- Successfully represented a large European cable company in its acquisition of shares of a cable-oriented joint venture company in Nanjing
- Successfully represented the Chinese subsidiary of a large U.S. food company in various employment-related projects
- Successfully represented the local subsidiary of a European engineering company in its labor restructuring project in Da’lian
- Successfully represented the Chinese subsidiary of a large European dairy products company in its termination of joint venture companies with a local partner
- Successfully represented a U.S. public petroleum industry company in its FCPA compliance due diligence with local agents
- Successfully represented a state-owned venture capital company in Shanghai in a $23 million venture investment in a semiconductor company
- Successfully represented a life science venture capital company in acquiring and restructuring a local hospital in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province
- Successfully represented a large state-owned steel company in China in joint venture negotiations with a European steel company and the establishment of various joint ventures in China
- Successfully represented a leading French company in the process systems industry in its wholly foreign-owned enterprise establishment in Jiangsu Province and provided daily legal services
- Successfully represented a leading American company in material handling equipments in its wholly foreign-owned enterprise establishment in Jiangsu Province and provided of daily legal services